Get UK music fans to stay with O2 or switch to O2 by growing perception of O2 as a music brand through their brand partnerships with AEG and Live Nation.
- Always on approach to activation: We developed a scaleable activation and content plan that delivered 365 days a year, 24/7 to engage audiences pre/ during/ post their live music experiences.
- Enhance not detract: We made sure that that all the activity was there to make the music experience better, not to detract from the entertainment.
- One size doesn't fit all: We made tailored activation packaged that were themed to fit different fan groups.
- Credibility: Our aim was to turn sponsorship on its head, and make the venues feel like O2-owned, not O2-badged.
- An always on approach to activating:
- New brand guidelines for use in the live music space, to ensure that the brand could be translated into a world that was relevant and authentic for live music audiences.
- Designed and built brand spaces in all venues, and thousands of brand experiences themed to the artists.
- Set-up the social media network for all venues, with a central hub O2AcademyTV.
- Set-up a content production network across the UK, and produced all artist content. Managed content feed out to venue pages and supported with our network of digital angels.
- In 2013, O2 became the No.1 brand associated with music.
- Amongst UK music fans, we increased consideration for O2 by 9 points and contributed to a churn reduction over the whole business.
- Beyond the live experience we have increased Facebook fans by over 1,000,000 and achieved over 10 million content views on YouTube.
- Our work has been crowned European Best Brand Sponsorship of The Year