Smart Energy has been running a UK wide campaign to get the nation to understand Smart Meters, however it wasn’t resonating with 21-28 year olds and they remained disengaged.
Get 21-28 year olds to resonate with messages about Smart Meters and energy usage.
The ‘Power of 10p’ challenge series is aimed at the passion points of 21-18 year olds - beauty, tech, festivals and food, using Maya Jama as an influential presenter.
The festival challenge was to be activated in real life using experiential to create content with extra authenticity and maximum reach to deliver the 3 core messages:
- Smart meters show their energy in £/p
- Smart meters deliver accurate energy bills
- Smart meters can only be installed by an energy supplier
- Blend experiential with social advertising to deliver an authentic message with mass reach.
- Partner with mainstream culture to maximise reach and gain relevance
- We aligned with Bestival based on their high digital footprint – 200k Facebook, 120k Twitter and 46k Instagram
How Many Tattoos Can We Ink For The Power Of 10p?
We turned the shoot into a festival experience, The Power Lounge. Bestival goers could come and witness the challenge as our live audience. The film was a mixture of scripted messaging and the live experience.
To maximise reach, the film was turned round in 24 hours in order to make the most of the buzz around the festival.
The film was promoted on social across YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat as well as shared by the influencers and Bestival across their own social channels.
- Over 2.5 million 21-28 year olds watched the film
- Film came in under the target CPM
- We created the campaign film edit within 24 hours to take advantage of social conversation around Bestival